South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR), a regional network of human rights defenders, based in Colombo, is looking for a creative and experienced Senior Communications Consultant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee SAHR’s website and social media presence ensuring website and social media are up-to-date and engaging for members and human rights supporters across the region;
- Oversight on the communication channels between SAHR and the membership.
- Prepare and compile SAHR Statements and communications materials, research and newsletters
- Assist the Executive Director and SAHR Bureau members as necessary in relations with traditional media;
- Other duties consonant with coordinating communications and web presence for a nonprofit organization, as requested.
Required Skills, Experience and competencies
- A university degree in mass communication, international relations, social sciences or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a similar capacity in an NGO/INGO
- Knowledge about the human rights situation and politics in the South Asian region
- Effective oral and written English communication
- Ability to self-initiate and work as a team player
Please send your completed Curriculum Vitae with two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 September 2022. Please state “Application for the position of a Communications Consultant” as the subject of the email along with your name. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the interview.