South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR) seeks an editor to provide a comprehensive content edit on a regional research on religious intolerance conducted particularly in Bangladesh, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, including South Asian regional trends and developments. Responsibilities will include:
- Finalise the research report entailing country chapters and regional trends and developments, introduction, methodology and recommendations, for publication, by ensuring among other things;
- The accuracy of facts entailing relevant chapters on country status, regional trends and developments with regard to religious intolerance in South Asia;
- Ensure that the relevant chapters include the content which best align with the objective(s), research outline and the scope of work initially drawn up by SAHR with regard to the regional research on religious intolerance; and
- Confirm the accuracy of language and terminology used in the research report.
Qualifications will include:
- Demonstrated expertise/familiarity in the current status of religious intolerance in South Asia, history of the subject regarding specific regional nation states, analysis of data through the human rights-based approach;
- Ability to work effectively and supportively with colleagues and collaborators according to a preplanned schedule with good communication skills.
Terms: The position is in principle based in the South Asian region; SAHR exclusively considers the location of the selected candidate should avoid any compromise on the quality of work or incur substantial additional expenses. The Editor reports to the Executive Director. Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications.
Please send curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.